Need a monitor.

Dishdog

Fully Optimized
I'm buying a new computer and i want it to also be my TV, and i was wondering what would be the best monitor from http://www.tigerdirect.ca/indexca.asp?. I would like it to be under $1000 canadian.

I was also wondering is it possible to have two monitors hooked up at once, and have 2 diferent things on each(One for watching TV and one for going on the internet/playing games), and have them work at the same time?

Ok, since you want to use it to watch TV at the same time use the monitor for regular computer stuff--you'll need to get this kind of monitor:

Westinghouse 17" Flat-Panel LCD TV with PC Input and Picture-in-Picture:

"This LCD TV pulls double duty as a computer monitor for a brighter, clearer workstation. The slim wall-mountable design allows extremely flexible placement — ideal for a kitchen, office, bedroom and more.

PC input allows you to use TV as a computer monitor.

Adjustable multimode picture-in-picture allows you to watch one source while you keep your eye on another.

Add a wall mount to display this TV in style."

Read more here---

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...CategoryId=pcmcat31800050026&id=1091099823074

As for setting up multpile monitors so you can do lots of different things simultaneously, it can be done. You'll need a video card that supports dual monitors or if you dont, buy a monitor switch box and connect both monitors to it. Hook those monitors up and configure in the Display properties for dual monitors.

I would personnal go with a dell monitor, very high quality, they do big 24 inch monitors with every port possible!!!! They'll cost u though

ardy89 said:
I would personnal go with a dell monitor, very high quality, they do big 24 inch monitors with every port possible!!!! They'll cost u though
Althought they look crisp they really are made to a low qulaity and dont work to good with the high end gfx cards, if your serious a LG or Sharp monitor would be a wise choice.

Dynamix said:
Althought they look crisp they really are made to a low qulaity and dont work to good with the high end gfx cards, if your serious a LG or Sharp monitor would be a wise choice.

I beg to differ there dude. This dell I have is made by Sony using the black masked trinitron tube and driver board. As for the pic, it's to die for...
dell m770

Oh yeah...

Very good brand. It's more of a commerical brand name. Office enviroment stuff. But the ones I've seen, killer picture.
They are also make the finest ram chips in the world.

my friend is using a 6800 Ultra and the 24inch dell wide screen. Those are graphics to die for. And i saw it going for $1119 from dell.

I'm going to be using the 6800 ultra with this monitor, hopefully it will kick ass too.

Back
Top Bottom