need to make a website

Gamingfreak

Fully Optimized
my parents own a boating supplies store and theyve decided to make a website and since i know a fair bit about comps they want me to do it, now when it comes to html code i dont know barely anything so thats not an option so what i want is a program where i can just make a page by kinda dragging and dropping things in and it will do the code for me, any suggestions?

you need a wysiwyg web designer. There are several ranging from very easy to use to programs that have more extensive features that get a little bit more complicated. Microsoft frontpage can make, nice, simple webpages if thats all you need. The code it writes (you pretty much do as you said place things where you want and they appear like that then you just need someone to host it) can get a little sloppy but itll make a simple website. Something like dreamweaver can make websites too and gives you more controll, more options, and lots more 'stuff' you can do with it. dreamweaver can get a little expensive to do. Then you could always find a company that sells website templates, which you can find simply by searching webdesign templates on google. Theres a lot of free ones out there then theirs some more professioanl higher quality templates that you can buy too.

DreamWeaver is really nice if you've got the money. Also, if they're only looking for a simple site, search around online for a free template site. There are a lot of them. That way you can find color schemes you like, premade tables and everything.

And I assume you know about needed webhosts and such...

Well, I've made a couple, just for experimenting with.

In all seriousness though, to make a good one you need to learn a bit of PHP, Javascript and also to make sure you produce valid HTML (or XHTML depending on what your using).

If you can get them where you are, get 'HTML in easy steps', 'PHP in easy steps' and 'JAVASCRIPT in easy steps' all published my Computer Step. Thats where I started off, and still use them now and again. Anything else I need I lookup online. I'm in a similar thing with my parents - opening up a holiday home in Troon (where the Golf open is in Scotland).

Also, shouldn't this be in the 'Coding' section of CF??

This thread is so old, PLease dont bring them back up. The last post was in January

Back
Top Bottom