Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-19-2009, 11:39 PM   #1
Baseband Member

Default Need ideas for a gaming rig

What do you all think of this computer as a gaming rig:

http://cgi.ebay.com/X3820-Desktops-T...QQcmdZViewItem

I was going to try and build one myself but I think it would be cheaper just to get one that is already built.

jasonbourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:54 PM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Need ideas for a gaming rig

You can definitely get a better processor. But, the biggest problem right now is the lack of a dedicated graphics card. I would still say build one. You can build a quad core phenom computer for $400-$500, no problem.

2.13Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-2GB DDR2 800 Mhz-500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue- Nvidia 9400M
rohan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 12:31 AM   #3
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

i think its funny on how Ebay sellers BS their information.

I would never go on ebay to buy a computer, i only resort to Ebay if I cant find it in any other place.

If you want an gaming rig, then you definitely need a graphics card, without one, you will have a very hard time running any game out there.
Its cheaper to build it yourself, unless you get it from people that sell it for wholesale price. I would not pay $400 on that system on Ebay, its seems like its a rip off.

Look around, you are bound to run into deals on the parts you want.
Desktop -Cooler Master NV690/AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/MSI 880G-E45 Motherboard/2 x 2GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X/Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5/CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX/Seagate 7200.12 500GB (OS), Samsung F3 1TB (Storage)/Sony DVD Burner/Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Teny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 02:09 AM   #4
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teny View Post

I would never go on ebay to buy a computer, i only resort to Ebay if I cant find it in any other place.

If you want an gaming rig, then you definitely need a graphics card, without one, you will have a very hard time running any game out there.
Its cheaper to build it yourself, unless you get it from people that sell it for wholesale price. I would not pay $400 on that system on Ebay, its seems like its a rip off.

OMFG6.6GHZ!11!11!!11!11!!!!!11!IWILLPWNALLWITHTHAT COMPUTER!!1!1!!1!!!1!11!!!1!!!ALLYOURGHZAREBELONGT OME!!1!!1!!!!!!!!111!!!
MY INTARDNET BEAST ■ Antec 300 ■ Q6600 B3, 2.8GHz @ 1.325v ■ MSI X48C Platinum ■ Kingwin XT-1264 ■ Visiontek HD 4870 512MB ■ 4x1GB Transcend aXeRam DDR3-1800 @ 1400MHz ■ WD Raptor (160GB) ■ Western Digital (250GB) ■ Samsung (640GB) ■ Seagate (500GB) ■ WD Caviar Green (1TB) ■ OCZ ProXStream 1kw ■ Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum ■ JVC HA RX900 ■

ME ■ I am bald and my head is lumpy...fear me ■
wol-va-rine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 11:08 AM   #5
Baseband Member

Thats the thing though. I've never built a computer before so I don't know what kind of processor to get thats good for gaming but at the sametime doesn't cost me an arm to get it. I thought about going through Alienware but their PCs are too expensive.

If I were to build a computer I've already picked out the computer case and the graphics card that I want. Its the other stuff I need help on. Is it really easy to build a computer?

Graphics Card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814133256

Case
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...silent%20storm
Old 02-20-2009, 11:21 AM   #6
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to LukaszR

well you could learn how to build a pc. its not hard @ all. People here will happily suggest parts...as for putting it together...there are TONES of tutorials on the web with images to help you out.

Its better to build your pc...its fun...and you know what you are getting!

www.Cyber-Talk.ca League of Legends and Gaming Community
LukaszR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 12:35 PM   #7
Baseband Member

Cool. Ok. Here's my budget: $850. What do you guys suggest for parts and stuff. Don't include DVD writers, or monitor or keyboards and mouse. I can borrow those from the computer that I am using right now. I'm gonna start reading up on these PC building tutorials so that I can learn.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:40 PM   #8
Golden Master

Quote:
AMD Phenom Triple Core at 2.1 GHz
Quote:
Total Theological Power= 6.6Ghz
?
Quote:
Cool. Ok. Here's my budget: $850. What do you guys suggest for parts and stuff. Don't include DVD writers, or monitor or keyboards and mouse. I can borrow those from the computer that I am using right now. I'm gonna start reading up on these PC building tutorials so that I can learn.
What are you going to be using the computer for exactly?
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 4.0GHz + TU120E lapped - MSI 770-CD45 AM3 - 2x2GB OCZ DDR3 1333MHz - Sapphire HD 4870 - Samsung Spinpoint 500GB 7200RPM 16MB cache HDD - Tagan TG600-BZ Piperock - (Currently open test bed) - Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit.
worshipme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 05:09 PM   #9
Guru

You want my computer? I'll sell you for $400 and it will outperform that POS on eBay.
JogaBonito1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 05:30 PM   #10
Daemon Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to disturbed13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teny View Post

thats what i was thinking
they just added up all of the cores roflmao
now thats just plain funny right there

<iframe src="http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/getDynamicImage.do?memberName=disturbed13&mnOn=tru e&stat=1&imageNum=4&rankOn=false&projectsOn=false& special=false" frameborder="0" name="di" scrolling="no" width="125px" height="176px"></iframe>
disturbed13 is offline   Reply With Quote