need help with videocard pic inside

albinochicken1

Beta member
( i have a radeon 9800, latest drivers)Hey well my computer is acting all weird in a few games it will act up and poop on itself .. i cant even get to the log in screen for world of warcraft, it will just become really pixileated and crazyness and then put me into a black screen .. i dun think its due to overheating , i took out a casefan and took off the sidepanel and have the casefan directly on the card, and the card is not really that hot at all .. and the werid thing is in CCC the 3d card display will get all messed up but everything else is fine ,, i can surf the net talk on AIM fine .. and was even able to play battlefield 1942 (crappy old game i had around) fine .. well i used to , but now i cant .. Could this still be overheating? (dusted out my case too ) ( when going into world of warcraft game , it did kick me to a VPU recover screen a few times, but now its just black screen ... i turned card down to 4x agp .

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j309/albinochicken1/wtf.jpg
^ picture of the CCC car all crazyness and everything else fine

could be that your psu is not powerfull enough , what are your full system specs

iv been using this computer for a about a 2 years with no problems i dont think its anything wrong with the specs. :( this sucks though coz i dunno if my video card pooped its pants or what

yeah psu can just fail at any time , plus could be a thermal problem try dusting pc out with compressed air

well now when i try to open world of warcraft a box opens and says"
this application has encountered a critical error.. not enough storage is available to process this command .. requested 4xxxxxxxxx byes of memory

did my videocard die?

I see that you have Ati Tool, did you do any over clocking to the card at all?

take out your video card. Bring it to another computer. Pop it in and see if it works. If it does, then your computer has something else wrong with it. If not, then your video card is broken.

Lol, this is the simplest solution. Idk how you haven't thought of it yet.
my two cents :D

lol , well pain in the butt downloading drivers etc etc to another computer, plus i dont really have another computer that i can just do that to :p

Back
Top Bottom