Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 11-13-2010, 02:38 PM   #1
Beta Member
Default Need Help Upgrading my Graphics Card

So I'm pretty new to working on computers, hence my desperate need for help here. Basically, despite being a pretty serious gamer, I've never really played games that needed intense graphics so sub-optimal graphics cards have worked for me so far. But now I need to do some video recording during a game, and currently it was outputting at about 3 fps =/ So...

I need to upgrade my graphics cards. I've done some research and I know that I'll need to upgrade my power supply as well; that's fine. What I need are suggestions on what upgrades to go with; I'll worry about actually measuring to see if the power supply fits, etc. I'd just like suggestions for a good graphics cards/power supply that are compatible with the rest of my computer (hp pavilion elite e9220y) - found here:

I'm not really looking to be stingy here, so a reasonable expensive option is acceptable because I'll use the pc for a while. If figuring out what is compatible with my pc currently is too difficult from your perspective, then just suggesting a good graphics card and/or power supply would be helpful as well.

Thanks in advance!
Hari is offline   Reply With Quote