Need help upgrading my computer

I got a ssd for windows and other programs and it is blazing fast now my pc boots in 25 to 30 seconds. Windows is so much snappier worlds of difference in my opinion.

my arch linux boots up way faster than that and it is only on a 7200 rpm harddrive.

In my opinion, dont get an SSD just because the technology is new and there is still a lot of room for improvement for it and also they are very expensive.

my arch linux boots up way faster than that and it is only on a 7200 rpm harddrive.

In my opinion, dont get an SSD just because the technology is new and there is still a lot of room for improvement for it and also they are very expensive.

I got it and it is one of the best upgrades I have ever made and it only cost me 50 bucks. I read lots of reviews be for I got it and it was worth every penny.

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

You are running running linux why would you even compare to a machine running windows 7 ? You can not compare linux to windows 7 its faster. The ssd cut my boot time from 45 seconds to 25 to 30 that is a heck of an improvement. Its not only boot time windows runs so much faster.

Pfunkmd;12095171 You are running running linux why would you even compare to a machine running windows 7 ? [/QUOTE said:
Yeah, you can't really compare running speed and boot times between linux and Windows. Most versions of linux are specifically designed to run better and faster on older hardware. In order to do a more fair comparison you would have to find a version of linux that has identical system requirements to Windows 7. Even then it's not really a fair comparison...

Nope! Lol .......

April 20 (4/20) is a holiday for celebrating "Mary Jane" in California. You start off by going to services at 4:20 am and throughout the day as many times as you please and again at 4:20 pm and throughout the night.

Mary Jane aka green thumb aka r/trees (for any fellow ents out there) aka cannabis, etc.

April 20 (4/20) is a holiday for celebrating "Mary Jane" in California. You start off by going to services at 4:20 am and throughout the day as many times as you please and again at 4:20 pm and throughout the night.

Mary Jane aka green thumb aka r/trees (for any fellow ents out there) aka cannabis, etc.

You are joking yeah?

Back
Top Bottom