Need help with a temperature problem!

V1ndic7iv3

Beta member
Okay.. so I'm not even sure if this IS a problem but I recently got a new computer and it came with this thing called AI Probe to check on the computer and stuff and recently I think it might be getting hot and I'm not really sure why.. I'll just get straight to it so here are my specs:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz

9.0 GB DDR3 RAM

Microsoft Windows 7 (Build 7600)

GeForce GTX 260

..and here's the temperature and fanspeed screenshots if that helps..

temperaturet.jpg

fanspeed.jpg

..thanks a LOT to anyone who helps me. I really want to get this fixed fast if something is wrong. Thanks again.

not sure aboout i7s but those temps seem only a little high they can take heat

Okay.. so what exactly is NB? The NB sensor is the one that's getting hot. It's getting to 85 degrees C and it's coming up with a warning saying it's abnormal. I've recently moved my computer from a room with cool tile to my room which has carpet.. could that be it?

I opened my computer and it only has a CPU fan and the fan in the back, I think.. do I need to put another one in it? Would that help? Where would I even put it.. I'm sorry.. I don't know much about computers but I just don't want anything to happen to this one. I've sat down an actual fan near the computer and it looks like that's cooled it down a lot but I don't want to have to have a fan running all of the time that isn't in my computer while I'm on it. Can anyone help?

Also.. I've noticed that the computer seems to be cooler when I have a game open than if I just leave it on.. how does that make any sense? Are the fans not running has hard as they should unless it's being strained? I don't know.. I just need help! ):

Edit*- Nevermind about the fan cooling it down.. I don't know if that was a stupid idea or not but it didn't work. Just came up with the warning again.

NB = Northbridge.

And i'd say put a fan in the front of the tower to suck in air.

What motherboard are you running?

NB = Northbridge.

And i'd say put a fan in the front of the tower to suck in air.

What motherboard are you running?

I'm not really sure what motherboard I have but thanks for trying to help.. I'm just about to leave to go and pick up a case fan to put in the front but I've never installed one before so if you guys could help me with that too it'd help a lot.

img00325.jpg

This is the inside of my computer.. from what I understand to install one in the front I screw it in to the place in the bottom right.. right? Do I need to take the front part of my computer off to put nuts on it or will it just screw in?

img00326m.jpg

..and once I get it screwed in place I plug it into one of these things, right? This is what confuses me.. my fan now is hooked up to my motherboard, I think.. but when I watched people install one online they used these things.. so can you just use either one? If someone could help soon it'd help me out a lot, considering I'm leaving to get a fan now.. thanks a lot again. ^^

Yep.

There's space for an 120mm intake fan in the bottom front of the case. To install it you will need to remove the front panel of the tower. Place the blower inside the tower and screw in from the front.

Also fans come with the big molex connector or the small 3/4 pin motherboard connector. I personally like the motherboard connectors but it really doesn't matter.

Just get some air in there and move the PSU cables up and out the way.

EDIT:

I wouldn't take what AI Probe reports as the truth. Make sure you have the latest version of AI Probe. That NB reading could well be the GPU temp. Check the temps in the Hardware Monitor section in the BIOS.

Check the 'AI Gear' setting. If it's in game mode set it to standard and check your temps.

Back
Top Bottom