Need Help Streaming Media from PC to Xbox 360

Ahyoka

Daemon Poster
These past few days I've been trying to stream media from my PC to my 360, but it's been a pain in the freakin a** lol. I've read how WMP11 is supposed to be able to stream over your wireless network as well as Micro$oft Zune. Which, I tried WMP11 but couldn't find the "Share Media" option I needed to enable. I downloaded Zune (Which is laid out alot like Windows Media Player, just looks a little different.)

And I've enabled "Media Sharing" on Zune, and it even recognizes my 360 as well as my brothers. But when i try and stream from my 360 it says it can't find a Windows Based PC:confused:

I kinda think my 360 may not have a certain update needed to stream, I've put in games I haven't played in awhile to try and get my 360 to download updates. I've read online articles about how the 360 Dashboard needs to be a certain version, which my 360 doesn't even display that info in the System Info menu...

here's a screenshot from Zune
4pk31x2.jpg

Any help would be appreciated!

Hmm...I have XP Media Center edition, so it's different for me. I stream through the Media Center Extender option.

Have you done the network diagnostics in the 360 to make sure it's connected to the network okay??

I'm assuming you tried this and that's when it said couldn't find the PC?
To configure music, picture and video sharing

* In the Media section, select Music, Picture or Photos .
* Select Computer , and then press the A button.
* Select YES, Continue , and then press the A button.
* Select your Windows XP-based PC, and then press the A button.
* Find the music, pictures, or video you want to play, and select an item to play it.
You're logged on to the PC and you've got the Zune software running, right?

Hmm...I have XP Media Center edition, so it's different for me. I stream through the Media Center Extender option.

Have you done the network diagnostics in the 360 to make sure it's connected to the network okay??

I'm assuming you tried this and that's when it said couldn't find the PC?

You're logged on to the PC and you've got the Zune software running, right?

yeah it's connected to my network, it can connect to Live and such. It said it couldn't detect a windows based PC when i tried accessing music on my PC from my 360. And I'm not using Zune right now....I just got off the phone with Micro$oft and they think i need to contact my router manufacturer (Linksys) because they say certain Firewall Ports are closed on my Router that need to be open for Media to stream.

Can i close the ports on my router from home or do i need to contact Linksys?

Back
Top Bottom