need help with SATA drive

Makaman

Solid State Member
Just put together my new PC but im having problems with my WD sata drive. When it scans for SATA drive it finds it But when i go to install win XP it says no hd found. Now if i hit F6 to install raid(or something like that) it asks for a disk..I never got a disk with it. Can someone help me out here plz...How do I install this thing.

Did you actually set up a raid? As you're talking, I don't think you know what that is so I will assume not. Just FYI, RAID is where you basically use 2 or more harddrives to act as one. There are other methods, but this is the most popular I do beleive...

As for it not working, I'd say check you're bios. THe only problems I had with my new SATA drive was getting it to RAID correctly. Windows setup found my 2 drives without much of a problem... I suspect you just don't have something set up correctly in the bios. Maybe the drive's not actually set up or something?

Usally you can tell the BIOS to auto detect the drive. Set it to this rather than the default AUTO setting. Ifind that usally works better and a bit faster...

Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom