Need help removing something

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
So I was trying to use my PS3 controller on my PC. However, I DL the file from this page
http://news.filefront.com/how-to-use-a-ps3-controller-on-a-pc/
I installed it, however, I heard the driver uninstall. Then my lights on mouse and keyboard turn off. I restarted my computer, and the lights on them turn back on, but I can't move it. I know they still work because I can use them with the Ubuntu CD.
I noticed it has an uninstall.exe in the folder where it was installed. However, I can't run it because I can't use my mouse or keyboard. I tried safe mode, but that didn't work.

Any Idea?

You "heard" the driver uninstall? I'm not sure what you mean by that.

Do you have a PS/2 mouse and keyboard you can try? that file might have hosed the USB drivers in your system.

You know when like you plug in a USB, it makes a noise, and it makes a different noise when you unplug it? I heard the sound it makes when you unplug a USB.
I'll try a PS/2 Keyboard and mouse. Though, I am not sure if I do have an PS/2 Mouse.

Got it. So nothing happens when you unplug, then plug in your keyboard and mouse while the system is running? Have you tried different USB ports?

Yeah, all my USB ports doesn't work.
So I got it to work with the PS/2 devices, however, I can't seem to get my USB ports to work anymore. I tried the uninstall thing in the device manager and restarted my computer. It gave me a "cannot install" (or something similar) error.

Did you uninstall all USB controllers? Also make sure no USB devices are plugged in while uninstalling and make sure none are disabled.

Are there any listings for the PS3 controller in device manager? Uninstall it if there is. You could manually look for "LibUSB-Win32" and "libusb0.dll" in Windows and try deleting those.

At first I uninstalled the LibUSB-Win32, but it said it only removed some of them. So I reinstalled it and reuninstalled it, and now it's all working. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom