Need Help with RAM

brancoady

Baseband Member
Hi there,

I am currently lookign to upgrade my RAM, however was wondering about compatibility etc.

My computer is a Dell Dimension 2350, and the motherboard number is (I think!) CN-07W080-70821-2AU-DOQB (REV AOO)

It currently has 2 sticks of 256 DDR RAM, however I am wanting to upgrade this to 2GB ( 2 sticks of 1GB ) if possible.

This may well be a very stupid question, and Im sure it depends on other things aswell, but can this be done with this computer? And if so, what do I need to look for when I am buying the RAM ? Just that it is DDR?

If it is not possible for me to upgrade to this amount, could anybody tell me what I can upgrade to? If you need any more information about the machine I would be more than happy to have a look.

Thankyou very much in advance for your help,

Kind Regards,

Brannan

the maximum for that computer is 1Gb
So u can only have 2 X 512 Mb chips, these are PC2100 chips,
Also i recommend http://www.ramcity.com.au/system/13359.htm for your site, as they have the ram recommended for this computer, if u buy other chips, it is a very good chance they will not work with your dell

Good luck ;)

any more info the just port here or pm me

Thanks to both of you for your very quick response,

to schultzy92 - You say there is a very good chance that others wont work? The prices on the website you supplied are a lot more expensive than elsewhere (I am in the UK if that makes any difference) and so do not want to rush in and buy 2 sticks of that website when I could have got them cheaper elsewhere.

If I buy 2 X 512 Mb PC2100 chips, what else could prevent them from working? Is it just a clash with the motherboard?

Again I am sorry if these are stupid questions however this is not realy my game!

Thanks again for all your help,

Brannan

hey stop saying sorry if its a stupid question lol
its ok thats what where here for and we were all in your shoes once lol and some of us still r

but because its a dell they are picky about what brands are compatible with your motherboard.

if u want to take the risk then u can get this and cross your fingers
http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/52057

and if it dont work im sure u could return it

or to be safe get 2 of these http://www.crucial.com/uk/store/mpartspecs.aspx?mtbpoid=8CC273A7A5CA7304

@ schultzy92 where did u get pc2100 from ? according to my first post on the crucial link it can handle pc3200 ?
even if it cant handle pc3200 better off getting it coz its cheaper and it will downgrade itself n e way

ummmm .....

on first looks yeah but dells can be picky and as its from ebay i doubt they will let u return it.

is the right module but its just weather your dell will except it TBH the only way to check with a dell is to try and see except for the crucial link i showed u i think the crucial link gurantees you compatibility.

It prolly will work but there is never 100% compatability with ram and motherboards , ther is always the rare ocasion whena stick of ram fails to work with the motherboard . Although it is dearer i would get the crucial ram as they gurantee it can work or you get your money back

OK thankyou very much,

Think I will go go for the crucial sticks then, dont really want to be messing around! Fekin Dells eh?

Thanks for your help :)

Back
Top Bottom