Need Help with RAM

dhaval_1920

In Runtime
I am custom building my computer from scratch and the only thing giving me problems is my RAM....I have following:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (2.4GHz)
Gigabyte 965P-DQ6 MotherBoard
Nvidia 7900 GTX OC (512MB) PCI-E
320GB WD SATA HDD
2GB OCZ PC2 6400 (2x1024) Dual Channel ram

The problem I am having is the stupid ram....as I got all these parts last week and they are brand new, I am hoping that I didnt get any defective part....My HDD is new so I am trying to install XP on it and when my ram is in dual channel mode, the setup freezes in between and when I remove one ram and try again...it works....can someone plz guide me through......thanx

Make sure the RAM is placed in the right slot. Try putting the suspected bad RAM onto the motherboard and take out the good one to confirm if the RAM is defective.

You may also have to go into the motherboard's bios and make sure that dual channel mode is enabled.

I am facing problem now with 1 ram stick too....while setting up xp....it asks you to format the drive...and it formats the drive and copies some files to drive and after reboot nothing popsup on the screen....the screen is "pitch black".....PLZ help

I decided to do memory test....and one stick is defective (144536 errors :eek: ) and with the other stick....it goes fine foe a while and then all of a sudden the screen goes black.....I am now starting to suspect my video card :confused:

PLZZZZZZ HELP!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom