Need help quick!

rohan23

Fully Optimized
Windows Vista froze on me. So, I had to hard reset. I could still surf the web, it was explorer that crapped out. Now my computer doesn't even get past the BIOS screen. It just freezes. I can't access the BIOS either. It's at the ASUS splash screen with "press delete to enter BIOS" and "press tab to see xxxxx". What is going on? I've tried restarting the computer a few times. It still doesn't work.

I downloaded it. I never got to install it. Soon as I was getting ready to, Vista crashed and this started happening. If I wait about 5 minute, I can see the Vista Boot Loader and it stops at the "Windows was not properly loaded screen." I choose start Windows normally and it basically just goes to a black screen. I'm waiting to see what happens now. It looks like my hard drive. But, I'm not exactly sure. I'll run Memtest if I get it working again. I called ASUS tech support. I want to see what they have to say. Resetting the CMOS does NOT help in any way.

ouch man... im not good at troubleshooting at this stage.... it probably looks like a motherboard or hard drive problem from what i can tell

I downloaded it. I never got to install it. Soon as I was getting ready to, Vista crashed and this started happening. If I wait about 5 minute, I can see the Vista Boot Loader and it stops at the "Windows was not properly loaded screen." I choose start Windows normally and it basically just goes to a black screen. I'm waiting to see what happens now. It looks like my hard drive. But, I'm not exactly sure. I'll run Memtest if I get it working again. I called ASUS tech support. I want to see what they have to say. Resetting the CMOS does NOT help in any way.
Alright. You should try bootin up ubuntu or winxp vista etc. via livecd.
See how far you get with that.

Okay, everything started working again. That was really weird. I was so scared my rig was dead. My parents would kill me, haha.

I'm sure I don't even need to mention these, but temps OK? No heatsinks loose? Things like RAM, video card, plugs, etc. seated properly?

I'm sure I don't even need to mention these, but temps OK? No heatsinks loose? Things like RAM, video card, plugs, etc. seated properly?

The whole kit and kaboodle. I went through everything I could think so. Maybe it was just a fluke or something. It happened after I plugged my iPod in.

Back
Top Bottom