Need Help Quick!!!!!

fmikael

Beta member
i was cleaning out my computer and i unknowingly opened up and took out my processer, i fixed everything back into place as best as possiable, and started up my computer which lights up and makes all the regular sounds, however my monotor tells me it detects no signal.
i had also took'n out a couple of other cards from there slots, but put everything back into place.
is the problem coming from the processer because i tampered with it, or from my card that manages the monotor?

p.s: i also tested the monotor with my lab top, and it was working

Make sure all plugs are plugged in, RAM is seated correctly, CPU is orientated and seated correctly with no missing/bent pins.

well, this isn't probably the cause of the problem. But I'm guessing you didn't apply new thermal paste between the cpu and the heatsink, or did you?

Like I said, probably not the cause of this problem, (unless you fried the cpu) but it will lead to overheating problems when you get the computer working.

And you can test if it's the vid card by just letting it boot into windows. Have your speakers on and if you hear the windows sound then it's a problem with display. If you don't get the windows sound then there is probable some other problem. Though it might stop before going to windows and ask you to press a key since it doesn't detect a video device. So you might want to try pressing f1 if it doesn't get to windows.

Just another vote for your video card, make sure its seated properly, and check the power cable is connected (if it has one)

Actully no i haven't applied any new paste between the chip and the magnet.
i was wondering how sensitive the processer is, because it's possiable that some of the pins on my processer were slightly bent.
is a computer capable of starting up without it's processer or starting up with a processer thats slightly out of place?

Hello can some 1 just help this kidd.his last post and question was almost a week ago.help him. Sos going out 2 the computer gurus

Hello can some 1 just help this kidd.his last post and question was almost a week ago.help him. Sos going out 2 the computer gurus

i was cleaning out my computer and i unknowingly opened up and took out my processer .........
Unknowingly took out the processor ??????
i fixed everything back into place as best as possiable, and started up my computer which lights up and makes all the regular sounds, however my monotor tells me it detects no signal.
As best as "possiable" ???? does mean correctly or just what looked right ????
i had also took'n out a couple of other cards from there slots, but put everything back into place.
is the problem coming from the processer because i tampered with it, or from my card that manages the monotor?
Probably some of the "other cards" were ram sticks that were not reseated correctly

p.s: i also tested the monotor with my lab top, and it was working
It's a LAPtop btw

Actully no i haven't applied any new paste between the chip and the magnet.
?????????
i was wondering how sensitive the processer is, because it's possiable that some of the pins on my processer were slightly bent.
is a computer capable of starting up without it's processer or starting up with a processer thats slightly out of place?

The best advice I can offer him is to take it to a shop as he has no idea what he is talking about, any further "tinkering" could cause serious hardware damage.

Cheers.

Double post, these forums are getting a little tedious with the ongoing blank pages and data base errors I have to say.

Back
Top Bottom