Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-20-2007, 11:46 PM   #1
Beta Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2
Unhappy Need Help Quick!!!!!

i was cleaning out my computer and i unknowingly opened up and took out my processer, i fixed everything back into place as best as possiable, and started up my computer which lights up and makes all the regular sounds, however my monotor tells me it detects no signal.
i had also took'n out a couple of other cards from there slots, but put everything back into place.
is the problem coming from the processer because i tampered with it, or from my card that manages the monotor?

p.s: i also tested the monotor with my lab top, and it was working
__________________

fmikael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 01:56 AM   #2
Fully Optimized
 
Jesusfrk611's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: US
Posts: 2,193
Default Re: Need Help Quick!!!!!

Video card may be seated wrong...
__________________

Jesusfrk611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 02:28 AM   #3
Golden Master
 
Cabbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,912
Send a message via AIM to Cabbs
Default Re: Need Help Quick!!!!!

Make sure all plugs are plugged in, RAM is seated correctly, CPU is orientated and seated correctly with no missing/bent pins.
__________________
=Like anime? Come to AnimeAppeal.com!=
||DFI UT P35||Q9550@3400 Mhz||Geil 4GB RAM||Radeon 5770||
Cabbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 03:56 AM   #4
Golden Master
 
mammikoura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,459
Send a message via MSN to mammikoura
Default Re: Need Help Quick!!!!!

well, this isn't probably the cause of the problem. But I'm guessing you didn't apply new thermal paste between the cpu and the heatsink, or did you?

Like I said, probably not the cause of this problem, (unless you fried the cpu) but it will lead to overheating problems when you get the computer working.

And you can test if it's the vid card by just letting it boot into windows. Have your speakers on and if you hear the windows sound then it's a problem with display. If you don't get the windows sound then there is probable some other problem. Though it might stop before going to windows and ask you to press a key since it doesn't detect a video device. So you might want to try pressing f1 if it doesn't get to windows.
__________________
0_o
mammikoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 04:28 AM   #5
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 44
Default Re: Need Help Quick!!!!!

Yes i think its your video card too!
Rogued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 04:35 AM   #6
Golden Master
 
Raffaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,798
Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz
Default Re: Need Help Quick!!!!!

Just another vote for your video card, make sure its seated properly, and check the power cable is connected (if it has one)
Raffaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 05:54 PM   #7
Beta Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2
Default Re: Need Help Quick!!!!!

Actully no i haven't applied any new paste between the chip and the magnet.
i was wondering how sensitive the processer is, because it's possiable that some of the pins on my processer were slightly bent.
is a computer capable of starting up without it's processer or starting up with a processer thats slightly out of place?
fmikael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:40 AM   #8
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 44
Default Re: Need Help Quick!!!!!

Hello can some 1 just help this kidd.his last post and question was almost a week ago.help him. Sos going out 2 the computer gurus
Rogued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 04:58 PM   #9
Fully Optimized
 
A True Folder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,789
Default Re: Need Help Quick!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogued View Post
Hello can some 1 just help this kidd.his last post and question was almost a week ago.help him. Sos going out 2 the computer gurus
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmikael View Post
i was cleaning out my computer and i unknowingly opened up and took out my processer .........
Unknowingly took out the processor ??????
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmikael View Post
i fixed everything back into place as best as possiable, and started up my computer which lights up and makes all the regular sounds, however my monotor tells me it detects no signal.
As best as "possiable" ???? does mean correctly or just what looked right ????
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmikael View Post
i had also took'n out a couple of other cards from there slots, but put everything back into place.
is the problem coming from the processer because i tampered with it, or from my card that manages the monotor?
Probably some of the "other cards" were ram sticks that were not reseated correctly

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmikael View Post
p.s: i also tested the monotor with my lab top, and it was working
It's a LAPtop btw

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmikael View Post
Actully no i haven't applied any new paste between the chip and the magnet.
?????????
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmikael View Post
i was wondering how sensitive the processer is, because it's possiable that some of the pins on my processer were slightly bent.
is a computer capable of starting up without it's processer or starting up with a processer thats slightly out of place?
The best advice I can offer him is to take it to a shop as he has no idea what he is talking about, any further "tinkering" could cause serious hardware damage.

Cheers.
A True Folder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 05:00 PM   #10
Fully Optimized
 
A True Folder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,789
Default Re: Need Help Quick!!!!!

Double post, these forums are getting a little tedious with the ongoing blank pages and data base errors I have to say.
__________________

A True Folder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0