Need help putting fan on processor

chougard

In Runtime
I just installed my new Core 2 Duo Retail processor. I'm having some problems with the fan. When I push the clips down, I don't think they go down enough. But I can't get them down further. Do I need to apply more pressure or should the fan be fine if it doesn't do down anymore? I tried pulling the fan up, but it is firmly attached.
Thanks!

Never mind. I was looking at the wrong part of the fan.

I can't understand why so many people have problems with those fans. Just push it down until you here a slight snap. Then give a quarter turn to the right and you'll here it snap into place. Do that to all of them then give a tug make sure its secure and boot her up! So whats your new toy getting? :)

You are supposed to give a quarter turn when you want to take it off. Make sure they are turned clockwise as far as possible, then push down. It may take a little bit of strong force, but don't overdo it. Motherboards aren't made of titanium.

i was going to suggest gorilla glue but it looks like you sorted it out(didnt read the first post when i though of it) :p

I can't understand why so many people have problems with those fans. Just push it down until you here a slight snap. Then give a quarter turn to the right and you'll here it snap into place. Do that to all of them then give a tug make sure its secure and boot her up! So whats your new toy getting? :)

You are supposed to give a quarter turn when you want to take it off. Make sure they are turned clockwise as far as possible, then push down. It may take a little bit of strong force, but don't overdo it. Motherboards aren't made of titanium.

u c i think this is the reason every1 has problems with them coz they are strangely confusing i mean i think mine is secure coz my temps are good but i didnt have a clue how to put it on sometimes i pushed hard others i turned .

IMO turning them releases them aswell coz i pushed em down and turned them and it popped out

Back
Top Bottom