Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-26-2011, 05:09 PM   #1
Beta Member

Default Need help with purchase. Looking to buy a prebuilt gaming system for son.

Hello. I am not comfortable putting together a computer. I am looking to buy a new computer from New Egg. I simply don't know enough about computers to be able to get a good one with confidence. It's a gift for my son. I can list the games he plays to give you an idea. I would like for it to be able to handle the games on a higher graphics settings. The lower priced the better but I can go up to around a 1000.00 US dollars on the desktop. Also looking for a gaming mouse with a lot of buttons.

Games

Rift
Everquest 2
Fallout New Vegas
Test Drive Unlimited 2
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
Looking forward to the new Elder Scrolls game Skyrim I think as well as the new Star Wars MMO.

I would appreciate any links from anyone bored enough to provide them. Thanks so much in advance. =)

Smugcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 05:56 PM   #2
In Runtime

Default Re: Need help with purchase. Looking to buy a prebuilt gaming system for son.

Well Ibuypower.com and cyberpower.com are great trusted custom built computer sites but as always if you don't do it your self its gunna cost more.
basically if you use thr computer would reose websites a 1000 us dollaally be a 7-800 dollar self built. That is alot 200-300 dollars is a lot of money that could make a computer last long and perform better. There are alot of websites that give you tutorials.

Sporego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 04:00 AM   #3
Solid State Member

Default Re: Need help with purchase. Looking to buy a prebuilt gaming system for son.

with a mouse look for more buttons as you said and a high dpi which is the sensitivity of the mouse
masteryoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 04:48 AM   #4
Fully Optimized

Newegg.com - CyberpowerPC Gamer Xtreme 1096 Intel Core i7 960(3.20GHz) 6GB DDR3 2TB HDD Capacity ATI Radeon HD 5770 Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

as for peripherals:

Newegg.com - RAZER Lycosa Black USB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Newegg.com - Saitek CCB437090002/02/1 Black Wireless Laser 5600 dpi Cyborg R.A.T. 9 Mouse