OK well im Dumb as hell
I chose this PSU
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817190012

And this Mobo
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131011

And right after i order them i see that the PSU is not supporting X2 CPUs
I was like o SH**
But i still had hove intill I noticed a comment on the Mobo
"These days you need ram that you know for a fact is compatible with your motherboard, and you need to a solid power supply. 26 amps the bare minimum on 12 volt rail, 40 amps better to avoid problems. Wireless is great, can act as a NAP or client and was very easy to setup."

Now i feel LIKE SHI******

Then i see this
"System built July 13th. AMD X2 5200, Asus M2N32 SLI-Deluxe Wireless Edition, 2gig Kit DDR2 800 Crucial Ballistix, EVGA Geforce 7600GT, Raid-0 2X Seagate Barracuda 320gig Sata3, 600W Xion Modular PSU, Sunbeam UFO Transparent Cube, 27" Viewsonic LCD TV, Windows Vista 32-Bit. Cube modded to be watertight & Nitrogen environment, and I've modded a mini-fridge bought at C*stco"

So now im alll happy buy im alll like CRAP Y DO I HAVE TO RMA

SOO all i need to no is WILL THIS SYSTEM WORK!!!!!
And if ur wondering
Theres only 2 MODULAR XION PSU IN NEWEGG!!!!
heres the link
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...mpareItemList=N82E16817190012,N82E16817190016

o ok cuz im bad with all the Voltages and such so i need another opinion
(Case and video card is coming by train from ca)
(rest from NJ and there 19 mins away)
Now im happy

That PSU has 40 amps on the +12V rail, although I don't think that reviewer knows what he's talking about.

It will work just fine.

THANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And when Thelies comes on im going to kill him he said it wouldn't work
But anyway can u guys sorta explain How u no that its 40Amps
I Still have room to learn more

Look on the newegg specifications page:
psubl1.png

You want to look under Output. The +12V rail is what really matters. On this PSU, there are 2 +12V rails. It's pretty common to have 2 or more +12V rails on PSUs these days. Anyway, see where it says +12V1@20A, +12V2@20A? That means on both +12V rails, there are 20 amps. Combine that to get 40 amps.

Just so you know, volts times amps equals watts. So that PSU has 480 watts on the +12V. The +12V rail is where the most important components draw power, the graphics card, CPU, etc. These are also the components that need the most power though. That's why it's important to have a powerful +12V rail, especially in gaming rigs where the video card is sucking up tons of power.

Thanks soooooo much i was thinking i would have to RMA
So Simply put If i just use one 12 Volt rail it will be at 40 Amps?

The 12V does NOT have 40A on it. Read the label on the psu. It says 12V1 + 12V2 = 384W. Now with simple math (Voltage*Amprage=Wattage) You really only have 32A combined on the 12V rails.

The 12V does NOT have 40A on it. Read the label on the psu. It says 12V1 + 12V2 = 384W. Now with simple math (Voltage*Amprage=Wattage) You really only have 32A combined on the 12V rails.
Oh, well I just saw +12V1@20A and +12V2@20A. I'm guessing that's because of the PSU's efficiency...

Back
Top Bottom