Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-25-2009, 04:47 PM   #21
Omnipotent One

Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster
Default Re: Need help please

My link is the download page for his computer. It lists all the drivers he may need for his Gateway.

Atomic Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 04:52 PM   #22
Solid State Member

I downloaded the files but how do I get the drivers installed

mlgntlg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 04:53 PM   #23
Omnipotent One

Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster

It's looks to be a self installer. Just click the file you downloaded and it should do the rest.
Old 04-25-2009, 05:02 PM   #24
Solid State Member

I have downloaded all of them but I don think it worked my screen is still fuzzy

Also under DM I still have ??? at Multimedia audio cont, net cont and vid cont

how do I find the MB mod # if that will help???

I know to get the ethernet I had to go in through the cabs file and do an auto run to get that driver in, however the vid files don't seem to have an auto run or install file in them that I can find

Is it possible that the reason my screen is fuzzy is because by installing to copies of xp on top of each other I took up too much hd space and now the screen is fuzzy as a reasult? As you can tell I don't know but a friend of mine said that this could be a possiblity.

I think I installed them but it doesn't seem to have had an effect after restarting???

anyone???
Old 04-25-2009, 06:07 PM   #25
Daemon Poster

do you have another screen you could use to test to see if it is a problem with the monitor?

I really don't think the lack of a driver would cause the screen to be "fuzzy" but just not as crisp as it would be with them. Especially since you are running onboard graphics to begin with so it really isnt an apples and oranges difference between the two for just viewing a desktop and such.

You could also try adjusting the screens resolution to see if that may have something to do with it although it really wouldn't make it fuzzy either just bigger icons and such. Go to start > Control panel > Appearance and personalization > adjust screen resolution > and then move the slider to get a higher resolution and see if that helps at all.
Raidmax Smilodon Extreme Black Case -|-AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE @ 3829.50 Mhz (18.5 x 207, vcore 1.424, NB 2600 mhz, HT link 2200 mhz) -|- Xigmatek Dark Knight S1283V -|- Gigabyte MA790XT-UD4P Mobo -|- G. Skill 6Gb (3 x 2Gb) DDR3 1333 RAM 7-7-7-18-2t -|- WD Caviar 7200 RPM 1 TB HDD -|- OCZ GameXtreme 700W -|- Radeon 4870 1Gb @ 780/1050 -|- Asus VW202NR 20" wide-screen -|- Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit -|- Saitek Cyborg Keyboard -|- Razer Lachesis Mouse
PokerDegenerate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 06:10 PM   #26
Omnipotent One

No, I don't thinks it's fuzzy because of reinstalling XP.

Is your screen resolution set correctly?

Right click the desktop and select Properties. The display properties dialogue box will appear. Click on the Settings tab at the top right of the box. You can then adjust your screen resolution to your desired size.

You can also increase the refresh rate. In the same Settings window, click Advanced then you can increase the refresh rate to something in the 70Hz or higher range.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:56 PM   #27
Solid State Member

Here's the thing I reinstalled windows xp few months back and had some problems with the drivers installing but the image looked good, last night I thought maybe I should try reinstalling xp so I grabbed a copy off am operating system reinstallation cd. When it installed the image was fuzzy. Now that I am looking at it more closely some parts of imaging are fuzzy and some are clear. For example the items in the top of this page adress bar and up, the buttons on this page and the part I am typing is clear, but everything else is fuzzy (it looks like a lot of dots rather then one color).

Does this make sense?

matt

could this be because I installed xp off of a operation system cd for a different computer and would I possible just reverse the install form last night to get it the way it was?