Need help please

cizzle19

Beta member
I can't decide on either to get the Alienware Area 51 m5550 with all its basic features or to get the Hp Pavillion dv2000t with and 80 gig hard drive, the 8X DVD+/-R/RW w/Double Layer Support, the 128MB NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) Go 7200 and the Core Duo processor T2250 (1.73 GHz) I added these 4 things from Hp because it would come out to about the same price, and I don't want to spend anymore then this. It seems that I'm getting more with the Hp compute but I still don't know if the Intel 7.1 High Definition Audio and 128MB ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 is worth it even with the smaller hard drive and no dvd recordng capabilities. Any opinions or suggestions would be great, and again I don't want to go anymore then the $900 price range.
Thanks!

I personally would go with the AlienWare; even if you customize the HP to have "better specs" than the AlienWare, AlienWare uses better parts. You can be safe with the HP on processor and video card. Other than that, it's bad generic parts (RAM, Hard Drive, Sound Card, Networking).

For instance, you could customize the HP to have 1GB of RAM, however it won't tell you what KIND of RAM it is. I'm not sure if Alienware will; however, I know the parts that Alienware uses are better regardless.

If you've got $900, you could build yourself a really nice computer as well; but it all comes down to what you're interested in.

I've kind of gone on a tangent here, but bottom line is I would go with Alienware if I were you

Thanks Yeah I tihnk I'm going to go with the Alienware and If I knew how to build a computer I would probably already be doing it. lol

Back
Top Bottom