Need help picking parts for a mainly music production computer

clandestinex337

In Runtime
Hello, I am helping my friend with building a computer, and he is mainly going to be using to for recording music. I haven't built a computer in a couple years, and I haven't really kept up on the the hardware that has come out. So I was wondering if you guys would be able to help me pick and choose the parts..

He didn't really specifie his price range, he pretty much did the "I want the best, but not super expensive" so I told him about $500-$1000 can build a pretty good comp. He was originally going to buy the $17,000 iMac, so saving him $700 would be good.

I was thinking that the main things that are needed would be Processor, and fast HDD's then ram. Video card could be a little less intense since it won't really be used for anything intense like high end games.

Thanks a lot for any help you guys are able to provide..

Well since your going for sound here this is probably what I would do. Choose a motherboard with an 1156 socket. This would give me the option of 3 different processors in cores i3,i5 and i7.
You could start with a lower price processor and the ability to upgrade later. At least 4gig ram. A decent power supply like the corsair 650tx series. Since video wont be of too much concern a graphic card in the price range 0f 80 to 100 dollars. I would use an Ausus xonar, or the Creative Xfi titanium both high end sound cards. As for hard drive a sata 6 gbs drive should be more than fast enough for data transfer. Probably a decent blu ray burner.

Back
Top Bottom