Need help picking out a vcard

^ Waste of money. The 4650 core cannot utilize that massive framebuffer. Get a 512MB version if its cheaper by any amount.

8600GT SLI would beat it by a big margin though.

SCII is very CPU intensive. You might hit a wall fairly quickly.

Go with 4670 GDDR3 if at all possible. It is 60-70% faster than a 4650.

EDIT: This one is a better deal, but you will have to OC the memory yourself to get its full potential. No matter what it's really good. http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?p=AT...a6df1fc407a2986462444f7551dca834d5adcf2cf6215
It is well worth the extra money.

Dude, it was solved on page one. Get the XFX mutant corn posted

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150396. $60 dollars, great build quality, all the specs you need for real time strategy games like starcraft, and the lifetime warranty means another burnout won't matter. It suggests 400 watt psu, you might squeek by, at least for now, with 300 watts.

A burnout will matter, because it takes TIME to get a replacement. I need something NOW.

Also, if you had read the whole thread, you'd have seen that it isn't $60, it's $83. I live in Canada.

Since people seem to keep going over my MAXIMUM limit, then my new limit is $35 (cause then people will start recommending actual $50 cards, right?)

Seriously, the money DOES.NOT.EXIST. The $50 is AFTER shipping and taxes too, not just the base price.

To sum it all up, I have a $50 check coming in the mail. $50. No more.

One more time:

$50, CANADIAN, after shipping and taxes.

^ Waste of money. The 4650 core cannot utilize that massive framebuffer. Get a 512MB version if its cheaper by any amount.

8600GT SLI would beat it by a big margin though.

SCII is very CPU intensive. You might hit a wall fairly quickly.

Go with 4670 GDDR3 if at all possible. It is 60-70% faster than a 4650.

EDIT: This one is a better deal, but you will have to OC the memory yourself to get its full potential. No matter what it's really good. http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?p=AT...a6df1fc407a2986462444f7551dca834d5adcf2cf6215
It is well worth the extra money.

It isn't about it being WORTH the extra money. If there was a sale on $800 video cards, and they're selling it for $65, I STILL cannot buy it.

There really isn't much for below $50.

Like I said before, look for a HD 4550 or a 9500 GT.

If you have an 8600, you really won't find a worthwhile upgrade. That is why we are suggesting more expensive cards. sorry.

Dunno what RMA is, but yes my current 8600gt died on me when installing windows 7, I took it into a shop, had them restore my old windows and told me my card was dead, and they hooked up my onboard graphics, then when I came home I popped the mx440 in. I still have the 8600 here.

*edit* I just read up on RMA on wiki, I bought this card 3 years ago or so, does that change anything?

What manufacturer?

And were you the first owner?

if he knows so little about the warranty I doubt it's been registered, and IIRC in most cases you only have but so long to register the card, anyway he needs a card OMFGNOW!!!11!1!11!!1!!!1!!!!...

which brings us to this 4550 for $53 (Canadian) shipped, which curb stomps his current card but may come up a bit short compared to his old 8600GT, but it's only $3 (Canadian) over his limit and he get's $5 USD back with the rebate...

I'm out, this thread is waaaaay too long for picking a $50 card (Canadian or US dollars)...

Back
Top Bottom