Need Help Overclocking An Old Celeron 333 Out Of An Old 1998 Gateway Pc

dude_56013

Fully Optimized
Need help overclocking an old Celeron 333 (333mhz, 66mhz bus, 128kb L2 Cache) the catch is that i dont know how i can update the bios for it because its from an old win98 computer...there HAS to be a way though...i just dont know how to do it or where to get the new bios from and then what to do after that...i have heard that along with the infamous celeron 300a, this is the next best for overclocking an old old old celeron lol...so i wanted to try it...heres a few things i scounged up...

MOBO: Intel
Model: OC44LX
Chipset: i440LX
Current BIOS String: 4O(as in O thats in the alpha. because its a zero with a dot in the middle)4CL0(as in zero)X0(again, a zero).15A.000(Zeros)8.P0(zero)4 so the name with me not explaining every darn letter is this: 4O4CL0X0.15A.0008.P04
BUS Speed: 66 MHZ
L2 Cache: 128 KB

thanks for any help in advance

older CPU's like that arent very overclockable. they usually cant overclock past 50mhz over there stock settings. but if you REALLY want to overclock it then you would need your PLL model number and manufacturer

older CPU's like that arent very overclockable. they usually cant overclock past 50mhz over there stock settings. but if you REALLY want to overclock it then you would need your PLL model number and manufacturer

actually this model and the 300a model are good to about 450 mhz which about 120 mhz over, with stock cooling..cranking v-cores up will get you around 500 but you'll need a good cooling system...

what is a pll model number and what is the manufacturer..is that the manu. of the pll?

Back
Top Bottom