Need Help With Open GL?

gastonB1

Solid State Member
ok so im trying to play a demo of return to castle wolfenstein but it says that i dont have open gl im not sure what that is so i looked it up and its a sort of accelerator i think but anyways i need some help from someone on fixing this problem does anyone have a download for me or some sort of tip that they can give me ok heres my problem again im trying to play a game that uses open gl but it seems my system doesnt have it does anyone know were i can get it???? help me!!!

I'm guessing you have an onboard video card. You can check by downloading everest home edition (google it) and it will tell you everything about your comp and more.

ok so im not sure what graphic card i have and my computer is a pentium 4 dimensions desktop 4500 dell

ok here's the info he pm'd me and this is what i've found out about his card. I'm guessing his card is a little old to be playing this game. But after he updates we'll check here's the specs

Features:

- ATI Rage 128 Pro Ultra graphics engine
- 32MB SDRAM
- Supports Windows 95/98/ME, Windows 2000, Windows NT 4.0, XP and Open GL.
- AGP Universal Bus (for 2X/4X systems)
- DDC1/2b/2b+ monitor support
- VESA Display Power Management Support
- DB 15 pin VGA connector
- 32-bit true colour 3D graphics up to 1920x1200
- Advanced 3D features including an 8 million triangles/second setup engine, twin cache architecture, complete alpha blending, video textures, texture lighting and single-pass multi-texturing
- Hardware DVD video playback (not supported under Windows NT)
- 2D graphics up to 1920x1200@85 Hz
- 300Hz RAMDAC for flicker free display
- Respectively Correct Texture Mapping
- For effects, texture lighting, video textures, reflections, shadows, spotlights, LOD biasing and texture morphing

Considering that most cards today have 128 mg. This is a pretty sleezy card. But there's hope. haha.

I thoguht even earlier cards supported OpenGl, or is this an earlier 3DFX engine card which supported Direct 3D too and not OpenGl?

Probably is 3DFX card actually, so no, you'd need to do a slight update :p

Does your info say anywhere that it is a 3DFX card though? :p no, hehe

Back
Top Bottom