need help with an older computer

G4mb1t

Beta member
Ok i am pretty good with computers, i build customs and pretty much fix all the computers of my friends and family. but i am really stumped on this one.

the computer is old, not old where its slow, it still moves for how old it is. maybe 2000ish is when they bought it. Well everytime you turn it on you get a RunDLL errors, and a crap load of scvhost erros. and i dont know what to do. i dont even know where to start.

any help would be nice.
and sorry if this is in the wrong thread.

here is one of the errors. im not very certain what the svchost errors are. i think they are something to do with communication with the computer and letting it know that the program is running or trying to run.

please help

untitled.jpg

start by checking the event log for error and warning messages.

(moved to correct forum)

ok i looked in there but how am i suppose to fix it by looking in there?
here is a screen shot, there is so many errors!

untitled-1.jpg

Could you open and screen-shot one each of the following errors and post them so that I can see the more detailed information?

Service Control Manager
disk
atapi
SideBySide
WMPNetworkSvc

Hi,

You might want to check your virtual memory settings, set the memory a little higher, then reboot, or you can check your bios and set the aperture for your graphics card from 64 to 128, that might help, or check your RAM.

Hope this helps

I had something similar to that, I just searched the program that was making that error and I deleted it. Never had errors at start up never again!

Back
Top Bottom