Need help New computer

VegasS2k

Beta member
ok so my friend just upgraded his computer.

Stuff he gave me for free :p i know the stuff isnt broken

Nvidia 8800 GTS 640mb

ASUS P5N32 Premium Mother board

4 Sticks of Ram i dont see the size on there but im guessing he was running 2-4 gigs for what he was using the computer for

Intel Processor not sure i think its the intel Core Extreme 2 all i know is it was top of the line when he bought the Motherboard and the Video card.

650w Power supply

MY PROBLEM...
ok i hear the hard drive running and the video card clicks on cause i hear it click and then the fan turns on.

but i get NO video feed on the moniter nothing just a black screen.
ok the computer turns on

ive reset the CMOS

ive taken it out of the case and put it on cardboard box making sure i didnt install it incorrectly and it did the same thing..

ive taken out the RAM and nothing happened i am stumped.. I KNOW THE VIDEO CARD WORKS because it worked perfectly in his computer. it came out of the RUNNING computer and he gave it to me and put his new stuff in.

You plugged the 6 pin in the video card right?

Also It could be your monitor, try it on his computer

yes the 6 pin is plugged in otherwise i would of complained about a beeping ;) .. he used a TV :( a 64 inch LCD..

So there are no beep codes? If it isn't POSTing, you'll have to narrow it down to the part that is causing the problem by process of elimination. It could be an easy fix and it might be just one stick of RAM, try booting with one stick at a time.

Back
Top Bottom