Need Help on my New rig

please people....I really need you to help me out....i'm not sure exactly which fans go into which plug on the mobo.....If someone could screenshor tme a pic of the mobo with the connectors i need to plug my 3 case fans into it would be awesome.....I just don't want to mess this up...please i need everyones help in this

wait u said u flipped a switch on the back. it has two numbers on it 230 and 115. switch it back to 115 possibly causing a short. thats the voltage not wattage. if u live in U.S. put it to 115 anywhere else 230 if that dont work ill get u a pic of the inside of my pc.

ok the main thing u need 2 check if ur still having problems and it wont turn on but u have power is your jumper settings. i would pull them all out and make sure u put them in the right order for sure. lol, if u still can't get it 2 turn on check ur motherboard for any damage like dents or anything like that. if ur still having problems take out all ur componets like vid card hardrive cd drive, and see if it will turn on then. if it wont turn on with only the PSU CPU and ram then i would think it is ram. if none of this helps then let me kno >.<

no no no....i was just saying i flipped the switch....the one to turn it on...i've seen what happens when its set to 230 it usually blows everything......Well....I'm guessing the riser piece that was already installed and is underneath in like the middle of the board may be causing a short too....i'm gonna check all this out tomorrow when hopefully my friend is here cause he has built plenty of computers so he'll know exactly what to do....My jumpers came preset so i doubt its them....if you could get a picture of the Abit AN8-ultra board and then circle the spots where the case fans should go...cause right now there is like 6 different places they could go.....just keep giving me ideas...if you give me a list with bullets or numbers it will be easy for me to use that tomorrow to plan out my ideas.....thanks for everything

well one thing about the fans is that engraved on the motherboard right next 2 the plug it will tell you what it is (i.e rear fan 1, rear fan 2, front fan 1 etc.) there might also be one for chipset(northbridge or southbridge) and it may be colored differnetly, and it will also tell u engraved next 2 it as well. hopefully that helps you.

well... what it has is.....case fan 1...auxilary fan....cpu fan....chipset fan.....otes fans 1 and 2<<<<don't know what those are......but the post code error that shows up means that- expand the Xgroup codes located in physical address 1000:1.............does anyone know what that means????thats the error so if i can fix that it'll prolly help

i got it...i only had to plug in one fan to the board then conneced the rest together with the molex connectors....I got everything up and running.....so i'll tell you when i have everything loaded on

so do u know if windows installed ok? alot of times u'll find problems with custom built it seems, not always but occasionally. although once the bugs are worked out custom is the best!!!

the four pin male one should be plugged to a psu 4 pin female (or the female and male reversed) . i dont know any 3 pin plugs that comes from the fan.....but that shouldnt be a problem, as long as the 4 pin is connected the fan should go on.

Back
Top Bottom