Need help with my cideo card driver T-T

revers1ble

Solid State Member
Need help with my video card driver T-T

Recently, i had to reformat my computer, and am currently in the process of getting it to 100% again. I am so close to there but there is only one problem!
I cant get my video card drivers, or maybe just to work. Although I havent installed any video games on my computer, when I scroll down on an internet page; instead of smoothly scrolling down, it looks choppy and skips down the page. I take this as a symptom of not having a working video card.
My current video card is a: MSI NX6600GT-TD128E GeForce 6600 GT PCI Express. I have tried going to the msi site and downloading the generel geforce 5000-6800 nvidia driver. It did not work~
Please help!

Re: Need help with my video card driver T-T

whoa! Thank you much for the drivers which i think would work, but when i tried to install them, after a certain point the screen started flashing off and on, then just completely went blank. This scared me since it looked exactly like It did when I decided I needed a format. Luckily I was able to get back onto windows using the last known good settings option.
So i have a new question. Is it a major problem with my video card then?

No, using the Last Known Good Settings Option, I find fixes problems like that, and actually gets the driver to work.

It doens't go back to using VGA drivers does it?

If so, go back to that website, and download the version below. I've heard reports of the newest one having a few problems.

the driver I tried to install were not in place after my computer force rebooted and i had to use the las known good settings.
When you say, "version below" could you say which one, or how to get to the other version? Im really not very good at this T-T

ok. I downloaded an older driver and tried to install when i ran into the same problem as when i tried to install the newest nvidia driver. At around the half way point of the installation, the screen just goes to a solid black screen, stays there for a while then proceeds to the MS blue screen of death. My Computer is force rebooted and I have to use "last known good settings" to be able to even login to windows.
Starting to get a little scared. Do I have to keep my computer gimp without it being able to scroll down or render anything 3d?! What the hell is wrong with my video card and or driver setup?
I desperately want to get back to playing final fnatasy 11, please help T-T

Very weird... It must be when its renewing a driver, or replacing a driver during installation.

Go to Safe Mode, by pressing F8 at bootup (usually) which will come up with a menu, and select Safe Mode from the list.
On Safe mode, it'll be using default VGA drivers to run the video.

Go to the Control Panel now though, and then to Add/Remove programs and check that the video card drivers aren't showing on there. If they are, select to Uninstall.

Now, in SafeMode, run the driver setup again, as in safe mode, it might cause less conflict, and so this might be worth trying.

Now restart, and go into Normal Windows Mode if it asks.
How is it?

I hope this helps.

now this is getting really retarded.
I did as you said kage, went into safe mode, removed old display drivers and installed the new one~
I was relieved when the computer did not crash. To complete the install porcess, my computer asked me to restart. I did and logging normally into windows nothing was different. Sound still does not work and the scroll on websites is still fuking choppy. Most importantly, my ff11 doesnt work T-T. I hate msi, I'm going to go burn it down.
Never get one of their cards, they'll never answer your calls or reply to your emails.

Back
Top Bottom