Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-22-2011, 02:42 PM   #1
Solid State Member
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 7
Default need help to know which type of kapton/polyimide tape to connect fan and heat sink


i'm looking for some help of what specific type of kapton/polyimide tape to buy and recommendations of where to get it.

i took apart my laptop to clean (fujitsu lifebook t4215), and took the tape off that connected the fan and heat sink fins (to check the fins and fan to make sure all dust gone). it was a black thin-film strip, and there was another small piece of a different kind of tape that was thicker clear/yellow tab that covered an overlap.

i've looked online and found kaptop tape, have searched online, and local stores (none there). i'm getting confused about the selection of kapton tape, which kind i need. conductive or non-conductive? "low-static", etc. the kind that was on there was black.
tyliseea is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0