Need Help, Input, suggestions on new computer purchase

shiNer45

Solid State Member
hi guys, im new here and im sure u have answered this same question a thousand times, but components change over time, so here goes:

heres what ive settled on for the components, im going to put the computer together with stuff i have such as 160 gig HD, DVD burner/CD burner

what i want to buy is as follows:

MB - Asus P5AD2 - Deluxe $249 CDN
CPU - Intel 3.4 gig socket 775 $359 CDN
Ram - 1 gig Corsair DDR2 @ 667 mHz $369 CDN
Video - PCIe - ATI Radeon X700 Pro $265 CDN

im not too sure of the video card, but its reasonable compared to the X800 or X850

please give me some suggestions since this is going to cost me large and i hate wasting money, i dont mind getting what i pay for but i dont wanna throw my money down the tube

i also have anice case in mind with a 500w power supply, no gay lights or anything just a nice orange color with front access door and side window with locks

any suggestions or even if u want to make fun of me for being a dumbass ,

thanks for the replies

shiNer45

i was considering it, but couldnt find a review pitting the 2 together,

they are the same price and ive always gone with nVidia,

any other suggestions , comments on the other stuff?

Well, get an AMDand a 6600Gt man i hate nvidia but the benchies dont lie. lol : here see below,

anandtechx700prohl28eh.png

anandtechx700xtfarcry3yi.png

anandtechx700xthalo3nm.png

also look here;

halflife2intelvsamd5se.png

doom3amdvsintel1ls.png

Want apps?? not games just ask>>

thanks both for your suggestion, im going with the 6600gt for sure now,

but i want to stick with intel based just cause im going to need to do some video editing,

i would have gone AMD if it was just the games, either way i think this system is going to fly,

im going to order the components tomorrow,

if anyone has anything else to add, please do, im going to check this all nite, and early tomorrow morning

Back
Top Bottom