Need help identifying problem

RoseCustom

Beta member
I have a 19 inch dell flatscreen monitor, Every couple of inches I have flashing columns of bars that measure approx 1/4 X 1 inch long. Depending on the background they are different colors. They all flash at the same time. I reinstalled the video driver but no change. Any ideas??? Thanks...
Jeff...

Try a different cable as stated. If it's still a problem, borrow a monitor or get out an old one and see if it happens on that one. That will tell us right away if it's the monitor or the computer.

When does the problem occur? If it only happens in Windows, it is possibly a software problem. Boot into Safe Mode and see if you have the problem. If not, then roll back to the previous video card driver. Sometimes a new driver doesn't play nice.

Thanks to all who tried to help so far. Here is what I tried so far. I swapped out the cable - no change. Swapped out the monitor - still no change. To answer "when does it happen" - all the time. I guess that leaves the video card????? It is a Dell Demension E521. Household use only. I welcome all suggestions.

I need you to be more specific. Does it happen when you first turn on the computer before Windows loads?

Actually not until my wallpaper pops up. While booting it looks good. I also tried different drivers but no good..... Also when booted in safe-mode the image is fine with no problems. Re-install windows 7 ?????????

That won't help. See if you can roll back the driver on the video card or install the driver from Dell's web site.

Back
Top Bottom