Need help i think i broke it

rowcon123

Daemon Poster
So yeh I was looking inside my laptop to see if I could change the ram so I took the 2 ram cards out and put them back in stupid me forgot my static band and now it won't start up it is just 1 beep then restarts and just sticks in restart loop if you could help me by telling me what is wrong it would help a lot thanks everyone

I doubt you did any damage from not wearing a static band while pulling and re-inserting the RAM sticks. I would pull them again and make sure you got them back in correctly, properly oriented and inserted fully.

When you put your ram sitcks in.. They will 1st push in at an angle. Then you lay them down. Make sure they are seated before you lay them down and snap them into place.

Yes i did all that and still no does it matter if I removed the hard drive too and I put everything back as it was so I'm not sure what's wrong

Have you tried only using 1 stick of RAM at a time? Try one first and if still won't boot, remove it and insert the other. It's possible 1 stick failed on you.

What are the specs of your unit?
If its beeping at you, it may be a "Beep code" each manufacturer has them and will point you in the direction to look.

Well I don't know much about my specs since I carnet see them but I have an alienware m5500i r3 laotop that's as much as I know sorry if it's not a lot but it's the base modle hope this helps thanks

That's ok on the specs, Mainly wanted to look at the type of machine.
Can you enter the BIOS in the machine? If so reset the bios to defaults. save and reboot.

For your ram, do you have 1 stick or 2? If 2 sticks of ram. try just one, if it does the same, pull that one out and try the other one..
I have read that some people with your type of machine have had video failure. If thats the case, then a phone call may be needed to alienware.

I have 2 sticks and tried them both separately and I carnet enter bios so I will have to call them thanks for the help and is it possible to email them cuz calling can be a bit expensive

Back
Top Bottom