Need Help. Graphic Card or the Setup in Bios

ifinds

Beta member
hello all,

I hope someone could help me. The title is weird :eek:. Anyways, I built a computer for my 10 yrs niece who plays online education games. It works for 3 months without anything happened. Recently, when she plays the games (10 minutes the monitor gives crazy lines (10^6). lol

I thought it was the memory setting, so I set the memory in the bios from 400 to 667. It works for 1 weeks (more than an 1hr) then the issue starts again.

The computer did not shut down (since fans are still running).

When this happen, I cannot shut the computer down with the powering button. I have to unplug the electric code.

Hopefully someone knows the issue or have similar issue they could direct me... thank you.

Run a complete memory test on the system using Memtest x86, let it run overnight if it'll go. Otherwise it could be a CPU overheating issue as well.

I'm a little concerned/confused about your RAM setting. By setting the RAM from 400 to 667 you're actually overclocking the RAM, which is counter productive to what you're trying to fix. Unless you meant the other way around - 667 to 400.

Hi Og,

Thanks for replying. My memory is 667 but the bios only set it at 400 so I figure I changed it to 667 (lol). :eek:

What solution after the Memtest? How can I fix the CPU over-heat if that is the case. I have two fans blowing at it...:confused:

Back
Top Bottom