need help with gigabyte x58a-ud3r mobo & pci slot

ebbenson3

Solid State Member
hey everyone, i just had a question about a few odd things that happened with my motherboard today. so basically, my computer has been running fine all week... but when i go to start it up tonight, the computer will not load into the bios and im stuck staring at a blank screen. i try to go through the motherboard manual to trouble shoot it, but i cant find any real information. i tried unplugging everything and starting it that way, but no luck. so finally i move my video card out of the top pci slot down to the next slot and it boots up. so my question is, did my pci slot go bad? is my mother board going bad, and is it going to crap out on me soon? if anyone has dealt with this before or has any information on how to help, i would greatly appreciate it. i would like to move it back to the original slot this weekend, just to make sure that it is working and that i dont have a problem. here is my computer config:

gigabyte ga-x58a-ud3r motherboard
i7 960 processor @ 3.33Ghz
6gb ddr3 ram
gts 450 vga
750w psu
corsair h50 cpu cooler

have you tryed to move it back yet?

maybe there is something inside your top pci port. i am talking about dust or a string or something like that.

i have a friend that had this problem but with the ram.
he called me and told that hes computer did not work anymore. black screen an all.
i told him to replug hes ram. he notest some kind of dust string inside the ram damm port.
he tolk it out and it worked fine after that.

Back
Top Bottom