Need Help with First Build

au-07

Beta member
I've been wanting to be build my own computer for quite some time. However, money has been an issue that has held me back. I have trouble justifying the build since I have a laptop and desktop that work perfectly fine. I've come to the decision that my first build will be relatively inexpensive. I've created a parts list and I'm pretty sure all the parts are compatible and would make for a pretty well built inexpensive computer... I'm going to post my list with links to newegg for each item. Let me know if these parts will work well together. Also, will built-in video card on the mobo be decent to avoid needing something better?

Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

GIGABYTE GA-785GMT-USB3 AM3 AMD 785G USB 3.0 HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

CORSAIR CMPSU-400CX 400W ATX12V V2.2 80 PLUS Certified Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

AMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition Callisto 3.2GHz Socket AM3 80W Dual-Core Desktop Processor - C3 Revision Model HDZ555WFGMBOX

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ

Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST3250318AS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM

I've also heard that the phenom II dual core BE's have an extra two cores that are unlockable with certain mobo's. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the one one I selected should be capable of this. I know there is a possibility it won't work but thought it'd be worth a try. TIA for any help.

Back
Top Bottom