Need help finding a compatible Barebones

Tystuh

Beta member
What i did was upgraded my dell dimension 8400, and i put in almost everything new, except for the hard part...motherboard and processor.

i need help finding a barebones desktop with a motherboard which supports something like dual core Intel i5 for around, lets say 200-250 bucks.

-however im TOTALLY unsure what motherboard would be compatible with all my "new" parts, heres what i got.

-ACPI x86-based pc
-Harddrive - WDC WD6400AAKS-00A7B2 ATA Device
-Graphics Card - ATI Radeon HD 4800 series (I use HDMI)
-DVD Drive - HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH22NP20 ATA Device
-Processor - Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00GHz
-Sound Controllers - SoundMAX integrated Audio

HERES A PICTURE
http://i.imgur.com/3bRtI.png
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Is your graphics card AGP, Intergrated or PCI-Express? Here is a list of motherboards that will support your dvd drive, hard drive, graphics card (if its pci-e). Integrated means its part of the motherboard. List

yes it is pci-e,

i looked at the list and getting only the motherboard would leave me to find a compatible case and a compatible processor, cant i get all three in one?

If your current case matches the form factor of the new motherboard that would be fine. However, you may want to check if the powersupply can handle the upgrades. You will need to get ram for it aswell. Newegg.com - Open Box: ASUS P8H67-M PRO/CSM (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel H67 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard with a Newegg.com - Intel Core i5-2400 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz (3.4GHz Turbo Boost) 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52400 could be a good upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom