Need help finding an ancient video card driver

THEpiGUY

Daemon Poster
Issue resolved!

The title says it all. My OCZ PSU is very near its death, and I swapped it out for my spare PSU. In doing so, I lost my 6-pin PCI-E connector, and now I'm using the only video card I had laying around.

It is a Diamond Stealth II S220 4MB video card. :p Believe it or not, XP's running fine, the same way all my other cards ran it without drivers. So I'm looking for an XP (or possibly 2000) driver to smooth it out, but I've been very unsuccessful in Googling them.

I've tried many different versions, but I haven't gotten even one to work yet. The closest I got was with an exe titled "sIInt4101". I'll try anything you put up here, I'm just sick of looking and finding nothing. Thanks in advance!

Ah, straight from their website. :eek: I couldn't find it there!

But it's not over just yet. I can't get it to work either. I'm getting the same error as with sIInt4101.exe. I may not be doing this right...

I right clicked My Computer>Properties>Hardware>Device Manager>Display Adapters>Video Controller (VGA Compatible)>Reinstall Driver>Yes, this time only>...specific location>[location][I tried NT4 and 95]>[Not passed Windows logo testing] Continue anyway>...I reach the final screen.

Then, it says, "Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)" which appears to occur mainly with CD/DVD ROM drives, according to my search. I even tried editing the registry, which one of the results suggested, but it didn't help. Old hardware is so confusing... Any alternate ways of doing this that I just completely forgot/don't know about to install it? Sorry for all these long posts...

Did you uninstall any previous drivers?

You could try uninstalling all drivers and use Driver Cleaner Pro to make sure all drivers are completely gone. Then go into device manager and uninstall the video card. After rebooting, when it detects the video card, point the installer to the NT driver package you just downloaded from Diamond.

Alright! Got them installed. :D Apparently, Safe Mode helped to install the drivers, plus I had left my 8800 drivers installed. :eek:

Unfortunately, it wasn't as big of a change as I was hoping for. But it's decent... I guess there's not much software can do for a piece of crud like this. :p Thanks so much for helping me here.

psst... I owe you some rep, I just gotta spread it around first. ;)

Back
Top Bottom