Need Help Fast!

rohan23

Fully Optimized
I finally finished ordering all of my parts and recieved my computer case today. I plugged everything in and set everything up. I am using my old hard drive and graphics card from my older pci. Here are my specs.

Processor: Intel Q6600
Motherboard: Asus P5QL PRO
RAM: 1GB Kingston Hyper-X (2 sticks running in dual channel mode)
Graphics: ATI HD2600 PRO 512MB PCI-EXPRESS x16
The hard drive is a western digital 320gb one. I don't know the model or name.

Everything loads up fine. But, the motherboard doesn't have any onboard video and it doesn't read my graphics card. The port is a PCI EXPRESS x16 2.0. My card isn't a 2.0. Is that why there is no display. If not, how can I get it to boot from my card. I can't change it in BIOS because I have no display and can't see what I'm doing. Please help if you can.

yes that is probably why. If you dont have a lot of money do what i did and i bought a cheap video card and it work fine mean while i get another one.

Although this one is an open box. I bought this exact one for 25.00.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121259R

Wrong. PCI-E x16 1.1/1.0 and PCI-E x16 2.0 are compatible with each other both ways. If you have a 1.1 card in 2.0 slot it should work. If you have a 2.0 card in a 1.1 slot it should also work. Try re-seating the card and make sure the cable is plugged in well. If this doesn' work it could be that the cable is bad, try a different one. I think most motherboards come with basic drivers for video cards. In case the motherboard was built after the video card it might not contain these basic drivers. In that case I think you would need to buy a whole new card.

Wrong. PCI-E x16 1.1/1.0 and PCI-E x16 2.0 are compatible with each other both ways. If you have a 1.1 card in 2.0 slot it should work. If you have a 2.0 card in a 1.1 slot it should also work. Try re-seating the card and make sure the cable is plugged in well. If this doesn' work it could be that the cable is bad, try a different one. I think most motherboards come with basic drivers for video cards. In case the motherboard was built after the video card it might not contain these basic drivers. In that case I think you would need to buy a whole new card.

joga thanks for the correction. You learn something new everyday.

Thank you for the help guys! There is no 6 pin connection on the card. It actually ended up being a problem with the RAM. I just changed the modules on them and bam!

Back
Top Bottom