Need help with extreme overclocking on M3N-HT Board.

Rockwall

Baseband Member
Hey, Let me first detail out my computer specs. If you need me to post CPU-Z information or Pics of it just let me know.

Asus M3N-HT Motherboard running BIOS verison 1701
4Gb of DDR2 OCZ Platinum 1066Mhz Ram Running Ganged mode.
2.3GHz AMD Phenom Triple-Core (Toliman) Processor
500GB Seagate Barracuda Harddrive SATA 32mb Buffer
Nvidia Geforce 9800 GT Ultimate Edition Graphic card.

Basically im trying to push this processor to hit 3.0Ghz. But after hours of overclocking and several start-ups and bios jumping the most ive ever got this thing to reach is 2.7GHz, and if i shut the computer down after doing this it wont wanna boot back up. If your not aware, the OCZ ram is a 1066 but in reality its really onlly 800 that can be overclocked to reach 1066. Normally when I overclock, in my bios settings i have it set to 800 Mhz, since increasing the FSB will increase the rams speed as well. I just to mention i have ran this ram at 1200 Mhz once before but thats only when i run my processor at its standard 2.3Ghz speed. So theoretically alll i should have to do is increase the FSB out the wazoo while keeping the memory at 800Mhz and as long as i dont go to an insane FSB like 400 or 500 then i should be ok and the ram shouldnt be limiting me. But its not that simple i guess. Sometimes i can just overclock the CPU by 10%, have the Voltage at an insanely high level and the ram as well. 1.550V CPU and 2.3V Ram, and it wont even overclock that thing by 10%. Im not expert at overclocking, but this thing is really kicking my butt and i dont get why it refuses to be overclocked by the slightest bit. Ive tried so many compinations with the multiplier set at 6x to 9x with different FSB speeds and to no avail. (Seems the bios has problem doing math, because setting the multiplier to 6x and FSB to 400, and upon doing a jumper-free restart, the bios is saying the clock rating with these settings is 5.4GHz. 6 x 400 = 5400?) Anyway. I was just wondering, is it the processor that is limiting me, or the motherboard, i know it has to be one of them. Oh and btw i have also tried overclocking by cutting it down to just two cores which seems to allow me a little bit more Mhz but not much. Any suggestions on how to get this thing to reach 3.0Ghz or at least close to it?

Thanks.

Alright guys, NVM i got it lol well sort of. I was kinda dumb in this overclocking attempt, but i found my error. By lowering my HT Multiplier i was able to acheive a 3.1 Ghz clock rating on my processor with a 1150 Mhz rating on the RAM, but it was unstable and after awhile caused my system to crash (BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH RETURNS! And its way more terrifying on a 24" widescreen monitor than a 15" O.O) So intially I was reaching the mobos limit because it was trying to push the HT link passed 2010 which it wont do. After several setups, i now have a stable overclocked machine running the HT multiplier at 8x. CPU running at 2.9 GHz each core with Ram runnig at 1055Mhz Ganged mode. So sorry for the post lol, maybe this will help some other people trying to overclock there machines and are making a nugget mistake like i was. (ya that was a BSG reference muahhahaha)

Thanks everyone.

Back
Top Bottom