Need help/drivers for an HP Pavilion XT983

Got-20z

Solid State Member
Well i've got this computer of a friend here i'm working on, and i've re-loaded it with Windows 98SE, it crashed on him and he doesn't have his recovery disks anymore and i don't any longer have a copy of XP to put back on it, so here's the problem, i have 98 on it now and it's running but of course isn't recognizing anything driver wise, and on the HP website you can only d/l drivers for this machine for windows XP, could anybody here help me get these drivers so i can load them on it with windows 98 because i need to get this thing back to him pretty soon

thanks in advance
-chris-

Can you give us the drivers you need and we could look for them? They have to be on the web somewhere, and if not you could email the maker and get a new cd.

that's just it, i've searched quite a bit online for the drivers but can't really find anything, everything is all integrated together i guess you could say, there isn't an individual soundcard and everything else, only thing by itself that is removable of course is the modem, i'll keep looking i guess
thanks for the input though, i appreciate it

got-20z said:
that's just it, i've searched quite a bit online for the drivers but can't really find anything, everything is all integrated together i guess you could say, there isn't an individual soundcard and everything else, only thing by itself that is removable of course is the modem, i'll keep looking i guess
thanks for the input though, i appreciate it

Contact HP tech support and ask them, they might be to help ya out

ok update, well i got XP back running on it, everything is good EXCEPT the sound... when you play an MP3 it cuts in and out and really slow at times, very annoying and not right... well for the hell of it i put an extra sound card in it that i have laying around and it worked fine, so does anybody have any idea why the sound device is messed up? i got on HP.com and didn't see any updated drivers for the sound/audio on this machine, i don't know what to do now
thanks in advance

Back
Top Bottom