Need help to determin which expansion slot I have.. pls help

PEEL777

Beta member
The problem I have is this: I dont know whether I have an AGP slot or a PCi slot. When I go to Device manager, it says my graphics card (radeon 9200 all-in-wonder) is in location 7, PCI bus 1.
When I run dxdiag, It says chip type: Radeon 9200 AGP.
and when I run Everest and check on the Motherboard, It says a few things about AGP but no PCI.
I could take my computer apart and see, I know, but I have never done it before and I fear I could break something.

Thanks a lot for any help...

*edit* btw I got my current computer about 2 years ago if this helps, and it still has its orig motherboard.

I'll bet it's AGP. You can just open up the side panel and look inside. That's it. You don't have to remove anything. Try to locate your video card and tell us what color the slot is (the one that the video card is plugged into). Is it at the very top and offset a little bit to the right?

Go into Dxdiag, see if it says that AGP Texturing is enabled. If it is, then your card is definitely AGP.

It says AGP texture acceleration is enabled. Is that the same thing?
also it says: Chip type: Radeon 9200 AGP.

I think I must have an AGP slot... Now I can get a better graphics card :D
thanks a lot for all help.

*edit* Also I have just found my motherboard manual, which has been lost for ages... and it says I have an AGP slot. Thanks again for help

Back
Top Bottom