Need help with a decision

aces wild how is you curent setup with the athlon xp im just curious like with speed overall and games???

it's pretty good now, I get little to none lagg in games due to my massive amounts of ram, bu it runs smooth as silk, the only reason i feel like I want an upgrade, is because the Althon XP though good, is getting a bit dated, or at least to me, I'd like a newer proc, something thats a more capable OC'er, (even though unlocked barton 3200 OC's well too:p).

do all barton 3200's come unlocked???? also how much of an overclock have you been able to get stable???

Not all 3200's come unlocked(I got a lucky), I currently have mine running @ 2.6736ghz, I could take it higher, but right now I have volcano 12 extreme (very heavy) and at full bore (48 decibels I believe(loud)) this thing runs around 115F idle, and about 129F or so @ 100% load. if i were to take it higher, I would, but I dont like my proc getting too hot, and almost 2.7ghz is good for my usage anyway, maybe if I had water cooling I'd go further...

Back
Top Bottom