Need help deciding what to upgrade
Now before anything, sorry for a humongous post but I like to be thorough.
I decided it's time to upgrade my over 3 years old computer, but im not really sure what to upgrade.
So here is my current components:
Asus P5Q Deluxe
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0GHz
ATI Radeon HD 5850 (Or AMD nowadays?)
4x 1GB Kingston DDR2
60 + 240 GB HDD
Xigmatek Dark Knight Heatsink
Corsair 550W PSU
I have already bought these: (special offers)
120GB XLR8 SSD, 2.5", MLC, SATA III 6GB/S
1TB Barracuda, 3.5", SATA3, 7200rpm, 64MB
So im set for hard drives. They haven't been delivered yet so it's possible to change the order, if one of those is volatile somehow? I didn't find any serious complaints about them.
Now I have been looking at alot of different types of components and i'm not hellbent on upgrading everything except my case and memory. Im just wondering what else should I upgrade. The computer is specifically for gaming, so with that in mind...
1. What I am going to upgrade is my computer case. Im thoroughly pissed at the nexus case I have and I want a new one. One with a couple slots for extra fans and enough room for my components. I don't care how it looks but sound dampening is a definite plus. Suggestions?
2. I want to go from DDR2 to DDR3. Im looking at a special offer, Kingston ValueRAM 4GB (DDR3-1333) at 19.90e, and im thinking of buying two of these. Bad idea?
3. Should I upgrade my GPU? I suppose my 5850 is getting old..
4. Should I upgrade my CPU? Or buy a case fan or two and overclock my E8400? (I hear e8400 is easy to overclock and I do have that dark knight cooler)
5. I should buy a new motherboard, since I want that DDR3, and if I decide to overclock my E8400 it would also have to be a LGA775 compatible. Suggestions?
6. Will I need a new PSU?
Now I have no specific budget but if I can save somewhere, I would do that. Let's say somewhere around 400 to 600 euros.
Any help / info appreciated.