Need help deciding on processor

GVSS

Baseband Member
I am looking into getting a netbook for christmas, and with my budget, I have narrowed it down to a few models all with different processors.

The processors are the intel atom N270, intel celeron su2300, and intel celeron m 743

Will the 1.2 ghz dual core celeron be faster than a single core 1.6ghz atom with slower fsb?

I will be using it for web browsing, basic web design, basic photo editing and streaming video from netflix or hulu to my tv.

All help is appreciated!

THANKS!

The Atom might not be the fastest, but it certain has the best usage of technology. The TDP for the proc is just under 3 watts which is excellent! Most atom netbooks give ~ 7-8 hour average battery life per charge. 1.6GHz isn't too bad a speed. The architecture is recent (45nm), 533MHz FSB will sync great with PC2-4200 RAM which is slow for these days. But not terribly bad for a basic college lappy or general use netbook.

If you intend to get slighty intensive, I'd suggest moving up to something like a Pentium Dual Core.

Pentium is prob out of my budget. Would a dual core celeron be more powerful than an atom?

photo editing and streaming video from web will prob be most intensive thing that I will do.

And 6 hrs battery life is good enough.

That said, which do you think would be best for me, Atom 1.6ghz or Celeron 1.2 ghz dual core with more cache and faster fsb?

Back
Top Bottom