need help deciding on buying a gaming pc

kixkboxer

Beta member
im currently a student in australia, so my budget is pretty tight (round $400)
i wanna beable to play games like starcraft 2 and COD smoothly.

i found this computer for sale for $250

Intel core 2 duo 2.93ghz - CPU
p5kpl-cm Asus MotherBoard
4 gig ddr2 ram

250 gig hard drive
9500GT 1gb Graphics Card
Microsoft XP with CD key.
DVD burner -Samsung

Should i get it????

I don't know much about Computers but from my knowlage, It look a pretty basic computer.

You would need more than 250G
XP is pretty old now.
The CPU looks pretty basic also.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

this computer is looking pretty basic hate to tell you but if you want a good gaming pc your looking at closer to the $500-$600 mark and the processor is not big enough for CoD you will need an i5 or an i7. i am curently on a dell lattitude E4310 with i3 processor and 4gb ram it runs farley fast but wen you give it something like CoD it gets a little jumpy. BUT you can find the same pc as me with an i5 and 2gb graphics for $650 used or $1,679 brand new. :( try eBay, anything with core i5 and 2gb graphics will be fine. these brands are great: dell, ASUS, samsung, hp, acer and msi. hope this helps :) happy computing!!!

Intel core 2 duo 2.93ghz - CPU
p5kpl-cm Asus MotherBoard
4 gig ddr2 ram

250 gig hard drive
9500GT 1gb Graphics Card
Microsoft XP with CD key.
DVD burner -Samsung

Should i get it????

To run any new game smoothly and at decent graphics you are going to need more than 2.9 ghz and a better GPU than that. Also if you are wanting the computer to last a few years (say 3) you are most likely going to want to go with one that has an i5 or and i7 core (personally i'd say i5 2500k as it can overclock to almost the same as the i7 2600k and is alot cheaper) as well as a newer GPU.
Depending on how much you want to spend and what sort of graphic levels you want you could probably build a new computer (without a OS) for around 600-800$ which would last you 2 years maybe 3 or go and spend around 1300$ for one that last 5-6 years (with at least 2 years of playing on max graphics most likely)

Back
Top Bottom