need help decideing on building a pc

intelboi

Baseband Member
ok so i wanna build a pc and by budget is round 800 usd i wanna use it for gaming like COD4 and games like that i already have a few parts laying around that could be used i have a 3.4ghz P4 a seagate barracuda hdd and a 7600gs vid card

what i would like to do is use my P4 to save money and upgrade to quad later. i would also like to use the new evga 780i mobo.

id also like to use 2-4 gigs of ram

in this price id like to include the logitech g11 keyboard and the g5 mouse.

basicly i just need help with the PSU the case and ram and a HSF and thermal compound seeing that my P4 is a oem .

thanks for the help guys

I just copied this from a post I reply to yesterday with a guy asking similar questions..this is what I have come up with

MOBO @ $120

CPU @ $190

RAM @ $37

HDD @ $85

GPU @ $190

OPTICAL @ $34

Total Price (w/o case and PSU but with all shipping and rebates included)= $656

some alternate vid cards (if you had the money) would definitely be the 8800GTS 512mb as choice number one @ $270-$300+, and at a close second the ATI 3870 @ $240

And then I don't know your plans for cases and psu's are..here's a really good one with a 500w psu included..I have the model before this one (flat front, one less 120mm fan) and the PSU is still going strong

This case is ~100 bucks with shipping included w/ 500W PSU

Here's a case by itself and a PSU by themselves..but combo price for these two is = ~$146 w/ship...so basically you are paying 46 bucks for a little bit better PSU

I'm not going to change this, but you can add and subtract what parts you need and all that good stuff..if you look in my Sig, I almost have this exact same build (i have a little bit less expensive and lesser performing vid card and a 6420).....this will run almost anygame you want on high settings...even with my moderately old system and old vid card, i can run COD4 on high settings...crysis on med-to-high..but with any of these vid cards you should be doing fine with high on almost all games

they just changed the rebate then..because it was 37 with shipping and rebate last night :)

here's some great ram...i've got 4gb of it and it's never failed me..they just put the rebate back on..38 bucks with ship

wow . thats really good then , at that price intelboi i suggest you get 4gb.
and get 64bit vista

yeah really....it's a price that cannot be beaten for performance..i've even hear guys oc'ing this to cas 3...that'd be really something to see stable

yeah that's why i had originally posted what I did..but darn them newegg rebates..it's because it's now february though..i wouldn't be surprised to see them extend in the next few days...

here's some excellent ram i installed for a friend a while back....if you can afford 4gb you'd have a heck of a system

atm im not interested in vista im and xp fan boy sorry and i forgot to mention i already have a optical drive

Back
Top Bottom