Need help with data recovery

daredevil9691

Beta member
ok so my laptop suddenly died and according to the repair techs my motherboard is fried.. so i bought a new laptop and a HDD enclosure to transfer my data from the old hdd to my new laptop. and this is where the problem starts.. everytime i connect the hdd to the laptop, it shows a bunch of local disks ( e through h ) in my comuter and when i try to open them to see the files, everything freezes.
it seems like the laptop is trying to run the system o the old hdd as the os on the laptop.. so what can i do? i really need help with this cuz im not really that great with computers and i have lots of study material that i need from my old hdd.

your help is greatly appreciated!

Your best bet is to boot to a Linux recovery CD and pull the files from the drives that way. There's a few options out there - Hirens Boot CD, Ubuntu's CD offers a "run from CD" option that should let you see the contents of the drive(s) and copy files that way.

Windows can sometimes get hung up on "non essential" issues that can be solved by using Linux instead.

I agree with Indigo. Download a Ubuntu .iso and burn it to a disk. get a flash drive large enough to hold the files u want to extract. open up ubuntu and then navigate to the HDD. just drag'n'drop to the flash drive. alternatively u can just drag from old hdd to the one in new pc. just sayin.

Back
Top Bottom