need help computer doesnt start up!!!

spider monkey m

Baseband Member
Ok I'm making a computer I have bought everything and put them in the case and set everything up and it doesn't start.The next day I turned it on and then it worked but I couldn't get any picture,Then I tried it in the night and it does't work but the motherboard led lights up when everything is plugged in but I tried it again in the morning and now everything powers up for 1 second and then just turns off.And now it doesn't turn on again
Can anyone help me please.

possible ram issue. try removing one of your ram sticks and see if it powers up correctly.
my other suggestion would be, go through all your hardware and make sure the MOBO is compatible with it all.

ok i have taken it out and it still doesn't work.Should'nt it still work becuase it started up last time?

it should work...but clearly there is something hanging it up. try doing a Bois update....

I would simply double check everything is connected correctly....i know you'll say you connected everything fine, but trust me...double check ALL your cables and connections.
You know where you plug in the pwr switch, and reset switch and all that other crap...make sure you have all those plugged in the right areas.

After checking it over...do a bois update.

Okay im not very good with computer but im at the site When i download it how can i put it on the other desktop? mabe buy usb?

Okay im not very good with computer but im at the site When i download it how can i put it on the other desktop? mabe buy usb?

usb yes. or if you still have the floppy drive in ur computer, u can actually download a version that would automatically flash you bois from the floppy. but yes...you can do that using ur usb then running it like an application.

okay my laptop doesnt have a floppy so if i put a usb init will it still read it automaticly even if its not on?

when you refer too "not on" are you talking about the desktop?

Once you get the file downloaded, you will need to transfer it to the computer that has the problem, just copy it to the desktop. then you double click it...and follow on the on screen instructions.

Now your computer doesn't start at all? you did say it started once but then not again right...see if you can get it running again. also, do you have integrated graphics on ur MOBO? or do you have to use a video card, cause another suggestion of mine would be to remove your video card and use the integrated from ur MOBO.

This really sounds like a hardware problem my friend....
o forgot to ask, but is your harddrive running smooth...like does it sound noisy and is it making an weird odd noises?

by not "on" im talking about the desktop not turned on and I have tried to turn it on but it doesn't seem to go on but led from motherboard lights up and the power button button is fine i have a video card but when i plug the moniter on to it it can't display any picture even when it did work motherboard doesn't have onboard graphics it's a abitkr7a-raid motherboard the hardrive worked well in my old computer does colour plug in slot thing for the hardrive affect it like i have a blue IDE cable for the hardrive but the slot on the motherboard is sort of bluey green.ill try and put the BIOS in and i took out the CMOS to see if that would make a differance

i'm sorry Mate, i will be very straight up and honest with you, what i mentioned above is all i can think of that might be the problem. Otherwise, you might just have a faulty Mobo...can you still exchange it?

hopefully something works out for you Mate, i'm sorry but i'm out of ideas, i tried :) Maybe someone else here might be-able to offer you some more useful ideas or solutions :)

Back
Top Bottom