Need help in choosing a new HDD.

blackjack

Fully Optimized
OK guys heres the deal I currently have a Excelstor Technlogy J240 its 38.4GB(41.167,526,400 bytes) IDE. What I want to know is what type of new HDD can I replace it with? I know the sizes they go up to but am not sure how much of a difference it will make, I basically want to make sure I get the right compatible one.

Why does that matter? We just need to know SATA or IDE, I'm assuming IDE by your post.

How much storage do you need and how much are you willing to spend?

This 160GB one looks like a good deal for you:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148247

160G would be fine and about the right price, that links just ideal thanks, just one more thing, is an ATA drive the same as a PATA drive and does the cache have any significance as I see the one in that link says 8mb when my current drive must be considerably lower so would installing a new drive with a higher cache matter?

I have another important question please reply ASAP my motherboard manual tells me my my connecter is an ATA 133 IDE but all the harddrives are coming up ATA 100 ide will they still fit this connecter?

yer they will be fine ata 133 is just the max transfer speed the connector is the same for ata 100 as well

Back
Top Bottom