Originally Posted by NEED WOW NOW
Well i think you need to Know 4 things to test if you know a bit about building a computer.
1. What is RAM?
2. What is a Hard Drive?
3. What is a CPU and Motherboard?
4. Explain what these parts do?
Also "DO NOT GET A MAC AT ALL!"
Please get a simple lappy or a Desktop as for Macs SUCK and do not have all the compatiblty of PCs.
Yes I am a Mac hater the only good mac is a Mac Book.
HERE YOU GET...TELL ME IF IM CORRECT?
1. Random access memory (RAM) type of computer data storage. It takes the form of integrated circuits that allow the stored data to be accessed in any order — that is, at random and without the physical movement of the storage medium or a physical reading head. RAM is a volatile memory as the information or instructions stored in it will be lost if the power is switched off.
2. HARD DRIVE: is a non-volatile storage device which stores digitally encoded data on rapidly rotating platters with magnetic surfaces. Strictly speaking, "drive" refers to a device distinct from its medium, such as a tape drive and its tape, or a floppy disk drive and its floppy disk. Early HDDs had removable media; however, an HDD today is typically a sealed unit with fixed media.
3. Central Processing Unit (CPU), or sometimes simply processor, is the component in a digital computer capable of executing a program.(Knott 1974) It interprets computer program instructions and processes data. CPUs provide the fundamental digital computer trait of programmability, and are one of the necessary components found in computers of any era, along with primary storage and input/output facilities.
A motherboard is the central or primary circuit board making up a complex electronic system, such as a modern computer. It is also known as a mainboard, baseboard, system board, or, on Apple computers, a logic board, and is sometimes abbreviated as mobo. The basic purpose of the motherboard, like a backplane, is to provide the electrical and logical connections by which the other components of the system communicate.