Need help buying a laptop

StratosP

Fully Optimized
Hi guys. I'm looking for a laptop to buy which will be used primarily for gaming and some internet browsing and downloading. Also, I live in Australia, so try not to give me a laptop that I won't be able to buy here in new condition since they won't ship it to Australia.

Minimum specs:
RAM: Atleast 4gb DDR3 1066
CPU: Atleast an i5 or an i7
Screen size: Between 15-17.6 inches
GPU: Any graphics card with 1gb VRAM that can play games on medium or high settings. Like black ops on medium settings, or dragon age, mass effect etc.
HDD: Atleast 650gb
Budget: I want to keep this to a maximum of $1600 or $1800 if possible.

So any suggestions?

Why donot you try to Apple Macbook Pro.They are great latops.Of course Mac Os is the primary OS on the system,but you can load Windows as well.But Mac is a much better OS though,unless you are specific about Win 7.And Macbook Pro comes in your budget.They must be having outlets in Australia.You can refer to their website for that.Hope this helps you.

i bought my brother this laptop Newegg.com - HP Pavilion DV6-3052NR NoteBook Intel Core i7 720QM(1.60GHz) 15.6" 6GB Memory 500GB HDD 7200rpm DVD Super Multi ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 as he wanted a laptop for gaming, and hes very happy with it. My GF has also owned a simular laptop but lower spec for a year now and shes had no problem with it. So I believe they are a very good laptops

Hmm that doesn't look bad at all. The hard drive is a tad small for me, I wouldn't mind an extra 150gb or so and I could spend a few $100 extra for some more power. Looks pretty good though.

Why donot you try to Apple Macbook Pro.They are great latops.Of course Mac Os is the primary OS on the system,but you can load Windows as well.But Mac is a much better OS though,unless you are specific about Win 7.And Macbook Pro comes in your budget.They must be having outlets in Australia.You can refer to their website for that.Hope this helps you.

Sorry but I'm not much of an Apple person. I've used Macs before and I do not like the OS, although it's quite visually appealing. I could however change it to Windows 7 but I still believe buying a laptop made for Windows 7 operating systems much better.

Thanks for the help so far guys. I really appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom